How to make a Simple Compost bin Dallas
Now-a-days compost bins are available in almost any box store but for those of us who want to do it the old fashion way- here are some ideas your can use.
- Chicken wire or any type of wire lath (preferably metal)
- Post–Metal or wood (preferably with holes in it)
- Tie Wire
- Tarp or plastic sheathing
- Your container(s) should be made no smaller than 3cft. (3’ tall x 3’ wide x 3’ long) for effective composting.
- Pick a shady spot and layout and mark your 3’x 3’ section(s)
- Set your post on the 4 corners of your marks. If your compost pile begins to bulge in the middle you can add additional post later.
- Unravel the lath and stretch it out around the inside of the post.
- Use the tie wire to fasten the lath to the post to secure it in place